Sixth Form students develop effective leadership and team working skills and are encouraged to initiate their own groups and societies. Recently, this has led to the development of the debating and medical societies. Students also volunteer to lead various music and drama groups, as well as supporting pupils in the Preparatory School.
“I haven’t looked back since moving to Stafford Grammar Sixth Form. The teaching is excellent and I have become involved in extra curricular activities such as Gold Duke of Edinburgh and music.”
There many more opportunities for Sixth Form students to develop personal skills and experiences including:
- Mentoring younger pupils in the Senior School and Preparatory School
- The Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Young Enterprise
- Target 2.0 Interest Rate Challenge
- School plays and musicals
- The Sixth Form pantomime
- Volunteering in the community
- Orchestra, Concert band, Big Band
- Many varied music ensembles
- Chamber groups and Choir
- House and School sports teams
- School Magazine
Students also have the opportunity to complete an Extended Project Qualification and a Teaching English as a Foreign Language Qualification.