Examination Board: AQA
“Business lessons are always different. You learn something new each time, valuable things about businesses and the outside world. It is very enjoyable”
What topics are covered?
- Marketing Strategies
- Operations Strategies
- Human Resource Strategies
- Financial Strategies and Accounts
- Corporate Aims and Objectives
- Managing Change
- The Business Environment
Why study Business at SGS?
- Consistently impressive examination results.
- 149 students have studied Business at A2 level since 2001 and over 70% of them have achieved A*, A or B grades.
- Enthusiastic, caring and knowledgeable teaching staff.
- Teaching staff with extensive AQA examining experience.
- A very popular department.
- Lessons are interesting and enjoyable.
- Whatever you do in your professional life, it will involve some ‘business’.
- Business Studies is a real, relevant and valuable subject.
- You may wish to start your own business one day.
- You want to study a completely different subject.
- You want to broaden your learning and keep your future options open.
- It combines very well with many other subjects.
- It can be studied in isolation or alongside almost all other subjects at most universities.
- Choosing Business Studies may open up a whole new world of education and career possibilities that you did not even know existed.
What skills will I gain from studying Business ?
- You will develop analytical, evaluative, problem solving and decision making skills.
- An ability to apply your theoretical understanding to real business scenarios and problems.
What career paths would Business be suitable for?
- Marketing/Advertising Executive
- Running your own business
- Management Consultant
- Human Resource Manager
- Retail Management
- Sales Executive
What trips are available?
- Toyota Car Factory
- Morgan Car Factory
- We regularly attend various conferences.
- We have had various guest speakers at school.
Do I need to have studied Business at GCSE?
No. The course is perfectly accessible to students with no formal business knowledge and understanding.
Can I study Business and Economics at A level?
Yes, Economics and Business are treated as separate A-level subjects by most universities.